On 2015-03-24 5:39 , Ralf R Radermacher wrote:
Am 24.03.15 um 12:25 schrieb Paul Stenquist:
I took my first digital stills with a video camera, a black box that I
think was called Seeing Eye and an Apple IIc.

Yep. Video frame digitisers. All the rage in those days. Had one hooked up
to a b/w video camera and used R, G, and B filters to take colour pics.

i chose Amiga for the affordability, the multi-tasking OS and the fact it did four channels of 8-bit digital audio (crude now, but amazing for the time); i did have a friend whom i inspired to buy an Amiga to do video and animation and we had a jolly time playing with that; i still run into Video Toaster enthusiasts who don't know it originated with Amiga