Bob Sullivan wrote:
Well I got a wake-up call yesterday.
I haven't used the mirrorless Fuji A-1 since my cataract surgeries.
Now both eyes are 'fixed', but I can't see close-up or read newspapers,
without reading glasses!

After having vision that pretty much didn't change for 30 years, mine is shifting a little bit year by year. At my last appointment the optometrist asked how long I had worn transition (self darkening) lenses because my eyes showed almost no sign of cataracts.

I started to need progressive lenses just before I turned 50. It's quite frustrating, while my distance vision has been somewhere between "what chart?" and "what wall?" since I was a teenager, I could always focus down to about 3-4 inches without glasses, now I can barely get closer than 8", which makes all sorts of close up detail work much tougher.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)