Someone said earlier that in-camera HDR is jpeg only. That is true through the
K-5 variants; the K-3 does allow HDR when shooting RAW. The 645z does as well.

Two additional notes:
Soon after I got my K-3 I emailed Pentax with a couple of questions:
        1. The HDR sub-menu allows for a choice of AUTO, HDR1, HDR2 or HDR3.
What is the difference between these choices? Answer: "they provide for
different amounts of HDR processing to be applied.” Oh well. I figured this was
one of those questions where I would never know the answer without extensive
carefully controlled field testing. In anticipation of this I had also asked:
        2. Is there any indication in exif data whether HDR was used and, if
so, which “intensity” setting was used? Answer: “No.”

stan