At 14:40 22-4-2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>There's been a fair amount of discussion and commentary about the
>quality and amount of information available through various Pentax
>viewfinders.  Apart from exposure information, what information do you
>look for and find important.  Speaking for myself, all I care to see is
>a simple display which lets me know the exposure, whether it be by
>needle alignment or some other simple method.  The display in the MX
>is more than adequate, although it shows the shutter speeds, which, as
>far as I'm concerned, is sometimes annoying.  Yet the information is
>simple and pretty unobtrusive.
>
>So, what do you look for and prefer, and why?

I'm with you on the MX.
The viewfinder tells you all you need to know. Exposure from the LEDs,
shutter speed from the wheel at the side of the display and aperture
through the window in the pointy doghouse.

The MZ-S viewfinder display is, quite frankly, rubbish. Slight
exaggeration. I think it's more the way I hold my eye against the
viewfinder. I don't always see the display at the bottom of the screen.
The Super Program is way better. I don't have any problem with the position
of that information. Funny, that.

Wendy

---
Wendy Beard