after the fire in the East Village in NY at 7th St and 2nd, The people in one of the adjoining buildings now have window with a view of the street instead of a breezeway and other's windows. I took this 21 days after the event. The apartments are supposed to be inhabitable, according to authorities, but the people that live there are not moving back in (yet) Those apartments are still filled with foul aromas and people going back to retrieve things they need while staying with friends are getting sick just for being in their apartments for less than an hour... it's really awful - as they landlord is expecting them to pay rent.

(that's my paraphrasing of an article in a local paper, but I can tell
you that the places across the street whose doors were shut for several days after the fire still smelled of smoke once they opened again for several more days.)

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/2015-and-all-that/i-Z4xLCbH/L

and this was the day after the fire - the building in the other PESO is
The one on the right behind that tree.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/2015-and-all-that/i-4ntpJWf/L

ann