Quoting Steve Sharpe <d...@eastlink.ca>:

Also trivia: My mum still has my original ist-D (which cost me
$1500.00!) and as far as I know it's still working. I've got the
optional battery grip for it around here somewhere, too.

I still have mine, with grip. It was my back-up camera (not the K20D)
to the K-3 on our UK trip last fall. I use it occasionally for IR
photography. It still complains about whatever batteries I put in
it...then shuts up and works.
---

I still have the one I bought from Mark C when my then back-up camera (the *ist DS) died. It still works fine, although it doesn't get out much lately (much like me, really...)

I actually had the DS repaired eventually. I have a soft spot for it - it was my first DSLR, and a silver one to boot.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters