Ah, well if you've already got 20mm covered then you are looking
wider. I'd say the Samyang/Bower is a no-brainer. My son-in-law (the
Canon shooter) did some tests and showed that it out-performed the
Canon 14mm L. (More than one photog has come to that conclusion, if
you Google it). I agree with you on the manual focus + DOF  of the
Samyang.

PS.. Adorama has all flavors of that lens for $249 right now:
http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20654599.html

Always happy give a shove down the slippery slope!
:)

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.