> I will have something like 24 hours in London in the middle of June.
> Can anyone suggest a good shop where I can touch and feel some cameras?

Len,

There are a whole cluster of camera shops in the south Bloomsbury area
around the British Museum. Right next to the museum is a place called
Pied Bull Yard which contains three-ish classic camera dealers and a
Canon dealer. A nice place to wander because they are almost like musuems
themselves, but they will open the cabinets and let you hold them.

Slightly (10 mins walk) further south on (I think) New Oxford Street there
is a large Jessops which has both amateur and pro gear and another
similar large camera shop on the other side of the road (name anyone??)
in direct competition. There was a fair bit of Pentax in both when I last
looked.

A good bet is to pick up a copy of 'Amateur Photographer' in a newsagents
when you get here - there will be adverts galore in the back from London
shops.

Chris

PS don't forget to pop into the British Museum and see the Great Court.
Worth 30 mins of anyone's time and free! Plus photogpaphy is allowed.