My IR converted K10d has started acting strange - basically it pretty much ignores any A, F, FA or DFA lens that is attached to it and treats them like a K or M mount. The camera will do nothing unless "using aperture ring" is enabled in the custom options. Even then, if the apeture ring (if present) is set to the "A" setting, the camera will not stop down the aperture while making an exposure or when the DOF preview is invoked. The camera does show the aperture and shutter speed setting on the LCD and allows them to be changed, and shows them changing in program modes, but it never actually stops down the lens to the shown aperture. The exif data in images shows the lens wide open in all shots, even when the LCD shows it stopping down. The camera correctly detects the maximum aperture of different lenses attached to it.

At first I thought it was a mechanical problem with stopping down the lens - but if the apeture ring is moved off the A setting, or if a pre-A K mount lens is attached, then the camera works as it should. In manual mode it does stop down metering and (in manual mode only) it stops down the lens and DOF preview works. So the mechanical couplings work, it seems like the camera is unable to detect a lens in A mode in order to stop it down, though it does detect the lens's maximum aperture and shows that the aperture should be set to on the LCD screen

Has anyone experienced something like this? Could this be something simple, like an issue with contacts in the mount? I like the camera and have gotten some nice images with it, but have actually taken only about 5000 exposures with it in the 5 years I've owned it, so the utility of repairing it is questionable.

Any thoughts about what might be going on would be appreciated.

Mark

---
is active.