I think it is safe to say that Ken is our resident Alaskan expert, but I seem
to remember that a few others have also traveled there?

I am looking for recommendations to ponder. I am in the midst of a long-term
planning process. My intent at this point is to go to Alaska for 3± weeks late
August 2016. I’ll spend 2 weeks on a cruise ship seeing the scenery of the
inner passage, glaciers, doing a few shore excursions. But then I also will
have 7-10 days total before and after. Could fly to Brooks and see the bears
there. Or elsewhere? I could flightsee Denali. I could do the typical train/bus
tour of Denali.

Given that my goals are to a) see bears, b) see Denali, c) see other wildlife,
and d) learn a bit about the local culture, what say you? Recommendations for
how/where I spend my time?

Note that I do plan to take as much kit as needed. Tripod for sure, longer
lenses for sure.

stan