In the middle of my week-long trip to China a couple weeks ago, I pulled my
camera out of my pack and noticed that the battery door had been pulled open.
Annoying, but with the way it goes into and out of the Lowepro backpack, that
happens.

As I went to slide the door back into place, though, I noticed that a chunk of
it was missing.  I found it later in my camera bag.  Somehow the door had been
stressed while open, and a part of it snapped off.

Photo here of my half-assed field repair, if you want to see:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2015/IMG_7199.jpg

It's the "right hand" side of the door that's broken - there are no rubber
seals on that part of it, so I think that the camera MIGHT still be
weatherproof.   The gaffer tape that's on it right now is how I made sure that:
 1. The door stayed in one piece for the rest of the trip
 2. The door stayed SHUT for the rest of the trip

Ideally I'd replace the door, but I don't know how involved or expen$ive a
process that will be.  Has anyone had to deal with this kind of thing before?
How'd it go for you?

Other than that: I had a great time in China!  I was looking for pictures to
share in a PESO kind of way and realized that there's nothing that really
stands out - they're all just snapshots from a whirlwind trip into and out of
Southwestern Yunnan province.  If you're into looking at other people's
vacation shots, I'll provide a link to the gallery for your enjoyment, but I
don't think anything really stands out:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2015/china/

 -Charles

--