Cac> And a new toy - not available in Pentax mount?? An Arsat 300mm F2.8 in Nikon
Cac> mount - considering I was thinking about a 400mm F3.5 this seems to have
Cac> saved my bacon. Of the Russian/Ukranian lenses, does anyone know if this
Cac> comes in PK?

Oh lucky you :) I have seen this lens once for about 500 Euros (at
current rate), but in Nikon mount...

AFAIK it wasn't made in Pentax mount, but info is scarce even on the N
version. I believe it uses front (or another) fluorite element, akin
to Canon long teles from that period.

That's all I know. I remember it was once tested in some photo mag. So
Peter, share your results and opinion!

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek