On 2015-05-16 7:56 , Eric Weir wrote:

Thinking about zooms, though, has got me thinking about primes as an
alternative. I love my a 28/2.8 but I want a wider field of view. I’m tempted
by the pentax 15/4 limited and smc 21/3.2 limited. I’d like to avoid noticeable
distortion, i.e., noticeable to people without your expertise, which includes
me. Would the 15 be OK in that regard?

Opinions about these lenses or suggestions for others, preferably autofocus,
would be appreciated.

i have the DA 15/4 ltd; it's a nice lens with moderate distortion; there are lens corrections you can apply to eliminate most lens distortion; more prominent than distortion is some softness of the edges; that doesn't matter at all with some subjects, but it's noticeable on landscapes

i have a DA 16-45/4 too, but haven't used it in a couple of years; i only use the 15 a few times a month, though; one of the cool things about the 15 is you can point it at the sun or a street light at night and get very minimal flare

you should be able to look at a lot of images taken by either lens via a search on Flickr, or on pentaxforums.com