On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 02:02  AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> I've found that almost any general purpose developer, like HC-110, will
> provide good results with almost all BW films. I'd bet they
> overdeveloped it. That'll give you contrasty and heavy for sure.

Sorry to chime in so late on this one, but it sounds like that to me,
too.

Can you wrangle out of the lab their time/temp for APX 100?  Should be
around 7 min. @ 21 C.

I processed a fair amount of 4x5 APX 100 in HC-110 dilution B, and the
results were uniformly excellent, particularly tonal range.

How is the base density of the neg?  APX 100 should be virtually clear
where there is no exposure.

-Aaron