Ken Waller wrote:

> Malcolm -  late August in the U P of Michigan can be a bitch. More like
> late Oct/Nov in some northern states. Not like you want to be out in
> that kind of weather but rather be wrapped up in a book by the
> fireplace.

I'm the odd one out here. I really don't like Summer at all, never have. I
spent a lot of my childhood in Scotland (southern Highlands), where at least
in the Summer the weather was foul - or wonderful, depending on your point
of view! Your description makes me all the more interested in visiting at
that time of year.

Malcolm