That is typical Malamute personality.  Although their appearance can
be intimidating, they are ordinarily quite friendly to strange humans,
although not always to strange animals.  They are not "one person"
dogs.  In Northwest Alaska, where the Inuit relied on them for
transportation, no family could keep enough dogs to form a full team
for a seal, walrus or whale hunting expedition, so they relied on dogs
borrowed from their neighbors.  Dogs that wouldn't go with and obey
someone other than their owner were, therefore, liabilities, and
eliminated from the gene pool.

Dan Matyola