Wow Eric! Thank you so much for that link. Googling him, I found the
following fascinating sites and his $4.99 eBook entitled "Wide Angle
Macro | The Essential Guide".
http://learnmacro.com/wide-angle-macro-the-essential-guide-now-available/

This is one area where mirrorless cameras definitely have an advantage
(K-01 is an exception because you don't get the benefit of a shorter
flange to sensor distance). For a normal SLR you apparently can't use
much of an extention tube with anything wider than 16mm. So the Venus
15mm is still sort of a groundbreaking achievement.

Cool sites to check out:
http://learnmacro.com/
http://claybolt.photoshelter.com/#!/index
http://www.paulharcourtdavies.com/ (Clay Bolt's co-author)
http://okinawanaturephotography.com/the-art-of-wide-angle-macro-photography-by-shawn-miller/

Still, I think I will try the wide angle + DIY extension tube method
first (Particularly seeing as how I don't have the moola for a new
lens purchase right now).

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.