Things aren't going well. I didn't even get 1.5TB out of the new drive.

Somehow the NAS decided to install the new 2TB disk as a 477 GB JBOD
volume. I haven't figured out how to adjust the partition. I can't even
see it.

The D-Link user's manual is *remarkably* uninformative and Windows
Computer Management does not show Network Drives.

The only saving grace in this whole charlie-foxtrot is that I think I
managed to copy all of the important files onto other drives before I
tried to rebuild the RAID.

Which is good, because it's looking more and more like I won't be able
to recover them from the NAS.

And it's also odd, because my original intent in setting up the NAS was
to reduce the proliferation of duplicate files scattered over multiple
drives/computers. Somehow my failure in this instance has changed a
previous failure into a success.

But fixing it looks like it's going to take a long, looooooong time.