Thanks, Darren!

Yes, the Mantis did seem to have a personality.  I suspect that he
landed on the table because of the flower pattern of the table cloth,
but it didn't seem to confuse him to much.  He moved rather slowly and
deliberately, until I place the tiny ant next to him.  He grabbed that
morsel up pretty quickly.

Dan Matyola