[Lyrical digression] (albeit on the topic of CATs)

There is a legend attributing the invention of a cat flap door to Isaac Newton (the physicist famous for formulating the foundations of mechanics and gravitation), who was annoyed by the cat asking outside and asked a carpenter to make one in his door.

There is an extension of that that says that Newton asked to make two doors: a large one for the mother cat, and a small one for the kittens.
(See, e.g.:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/famous-inventors/5-isaac-newton-inventions2.htm )
[/Digression]

How is that story related to photography?
I just realized that at least as a temporary step, I can just buy a step-up ring and use the 77mm CP on my 67mm lenses.

So, the question is: Any recommendations for the step-up rings?
I see Goja step-up rings sold for about $6 on Amazon, with a bunch of positive reviews, Sensei on B&H for the same $6, while B+W on B&H is $18.

Both are aluminum. A brass one from Sensei is $37, Heliopan - $47.50.

Is there any reason to spend 3-times as much on B+W aluminum ring?
Yet another question, how much of binding comes from aluminum rings?
Is it worth spending 6-times as much on a brass one?

Igor