Judging from the photos you've posted it looks like you're close enough, assuming they aren't cropped. If they are cropped, I'd suggest considering the lastest Pentax AF teleconvertor as an addition to your lineup. Some of the pro surf shooters I've seen go for the 600mm f4.0 FA - now out of production.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Norman Baugher" <nbaug...@baugherphotography.com>
Subject: My New Photo Gig

Hey guys, I’ve been lurking for a while, so this is my first post in some time. I’ve been working with a group of surfers in California who work with various charities. We surf and film events for special needs kids. Being involved, I turned the group into 501 (c)(3). I’m the Chairman of the Board, but want to get into the photo side as well. We have a team of photographers, but I of course want to shoot events as well, can’t help it. I’ve got a K-7 and a 55-300/4.5 WR but judging from the last event, I think I might need something longer. Check out the website and have a look at some of the images - suggestions on something longer? www.malibuunderdogs.org
Norm