> On Jul 22, 2015, at 6:35 PM, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> OP/TECH Stabilizer Strap.
>
> http://optechusa.com/straps/stabilizer-strap.html

Thanks, John. I have it. I bought it for the walk I did in England back in
September of 2013. I ended up leaving it in my duffle bag and carrying the
camera in my hand. Even with a light weight lens—A 28/2.8—having the weight of
the camera on my neck 8-10 hours everyday got to be pretty tiresome, even a
little painful.

I find carrying the camera in my hand to be convenient. I always do so on hikes
in the North Georgia mountains. I wrap the shoulder strap around my wrist, so
even if I let go of the camera it doesn’t fall to the ground. It certainly
makes the camera very accessible, and I don’t find it awkward at all.

Of course, if I were to take a full body fall, as I have a couple times, the
camera is at risk. But that’s the case pretty much however you carry the
camera, and so far my camera hasn’t suffered a scratch.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz