On 7/28/2015 5:09 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

Toine wrote:
I would cut the metal strips with a tin snip. something like:
http://german-hand-tools.com/images/066R-15-250_offen.jpg

Once the PCI card is inserted apply some duck tape from the inside to
restore airflow conditions like before.

I realize that pedantry is almost unheard of on PDML, but the tape is "duct tape" not "duck tape". It was originally invented for use on air ducts on HVAC systems. It turns out that it does very poorly for that job, but is pretty good for lots of other stuff instead.

Actually it's DUKW pronounced and often spelled "Duck" tape, duct tape is a different animal. The original "Duck" tape was used to water proof items, such as ammunition boxes that were loaded on to DUKWs for transport over beaches during WWII. It predates Duct tape. (used in HVAC installations). which is heat proof, but not necessarily waterproof, by a good number of years.

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen