On 01/08/2015 9:06 AM, Bruce Walker wrote:
Thank you very much for your kind words and support, Frank!

If it is of any comfort to you, the model, Dorrie, fully participates
in and approves of every part of the image creation process.

I think this is where the whole "exploitation" via sexualization and objectification argument falls on it's face. When the subject is a willing participant in the process, who is being exploited?

Who is sexualizing the model? Is it the photographer who has taken a picture of the model? The artist who sketches or paints a likeness of the model?

Or is it the viewer who sexualizes and objectifies the model with his or her own preconceptions?

There is a very tired old argument that art was invented to get women out of their clothes. Perhaps it is true, perhaps it isn't, but the argument ignores the reality that the subject has to be a willing participant in the process for the process to happen, which effectively torpedoes the whole exploitation argument.

This is almost an aside, and should go into another post, but the image in question is quite nice, though not one of the best pictures I've seen you do of Dorrie.

bill