Darren,

I use the same approach in researching item, but let me warn you about this product. Do not trust the reviews score, instead read a few negative reviews.
It was introduce to Amazon less than half a month ago (July 22, 2015):
http://camelcamelcamel.com/Vafru-NHD-1080P-170Degrees-dashboard-camcorder/product/B010D8MBD2

If you read the last two 2-star reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Vafru-NHD-1080P-170Degrees-dashboard-camcorder/product-reviews/B010D8MBD2/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_2?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=two_star&pageNumber=1
you can see the real reviews. I suspect most of the 5-star reviews are
fake or something is wrong with them (e.g. those guys got the item for free, as one of the authors suggested).
Look, e.g. at these reviewers (I picked them randomly):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AQ71TXXH1QL6B/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1P8ABIXH0EO5C/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3C4XX14QZG589/
All the product they reviewed are by Vafru, all within the same days, and all are 5-stars.
Really?
I bet, the rest of those 5-star reviews are the same way.

I wouldn't buy any Vafru products.

HTH,

Igor