Hi PDML,

One the advice of Johan
(http://extreme-macro.co.uk/raynox-adapter-techniques/) I’ve been
investigating the use of Raynox lenses for greater than 1:1 macro
work, results here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskgYxHbt

I’ve been using the DCR-250 on the Sigma 180mm macro with the Viltrox
JY-670 Ring Flash, giving me 1.5:1 - 3:1 magnification (depending on
focus) with a working distance of 12cm - 7cm respectively and razor
thin DOF - tough to get things in focus, but good fun too.

I’ve also tried the MSN-202, but its just too hard to use in the field
as it gives 5x - 8x magnification on the 180mm lens and finding
subjects is too difficult. In the lab it works well though..

C&C and other user’s suggestions and experiences welcome..

Cheers,

Ben