> 15MM F3.5 SMC TAKUMAR. W I D E  !!!
> SHARP, CONTRASTY, FLARE RESISTANT.
> NOBODY DOES IT BETTER.

I have an optically identical A 15/3.5, and I have to agree with
your summary of its superb qualities, JCO.  However, it still loses
out (along with the A 16/2.8 Fisheye) to my A 20/2.8 for "preferred
wide angle lens".  Both the 15/3.5 and (especially) the 16/2.8 are
very specialized lenses, made for very specialized images - images
that the 20/2.8 can't handle.  However, most of my own wide angle
shooting doesn't usually need something ~that~ wide, and the 20/2.8
serves nicely as the proper tool most of the time.  Furthermore, the
bulky (especially the 15/3.5) and rather dear super wide angles
simply don't get carried around very often - they are usually
sitting at home unless I know ahead of time that they would be
useful - while the compact 20/2.8 is almost as portable as a 50mm
normal lens (well, except for the flaring filter flange - <g>), and
has seen a lot of miles.

But the 15/3.5 is a gem, though, isn't it...  ;-)

Fred