And he _can_ do it :-) wish I could. But I did see the Frank exhibit at the Met a couple of years ago where they showed many of his contact sheets in cases in a room withhis choices on the wall. It was terrific.

The slides in 20 to a page sleeves to slap on a light-table give the same effect, as they show in this article.

I probably mentioned this before, but I've also used BW contact sheets as a way to locate color slides when quickly scanning to gather by subject matter. Seeing the contact sheets of great photographers where they circle only 1 or 2 from a roll of 36 makes one less dispairful when reviewing our own work, too.

ann