On 9/22/2015 1:49 PM, John wrote:
On 9/22/2015 12:09 AM, Bill wrote:
On 21/09/2015 7:11 PM, P.J. Alling wrote:
All that's assuming that you don't already own, or want to own a
computer.

All well and good, but I wouldn't have an 8 core CPU and 32gigs of RAM
were it not for digital photography.

True, but is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I consider it a good thing if you're running an OS that hogs ram, and what OS doesn't these days.

Personally I'm running a 6 Core system, with only 4 gig of ram, but I'm also running WinXP on my photo machine, mostly for hardware compatibility. More ram would be superfluous, though to bring it up to 16 gig would be only about, (I was going to say $200, for the same quality memory, I'm using now, but I just checked prices and it would be, get this), $74. Which is all my MB supports.

immortality through not dying.
-- Woody Allen