It is "an optimized" Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD Lens except no
VC and Pentax coatings. It is a well regarded lens, optically
(ironically an old, respected Pentax lens designer that Hoya dismissed
is one of it's designers). It is Tamron driven (ultrasonic). According
to Asahi Man the old Pentax SDM micromotor is completely out of use.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/845339-REG/Tamron_SP_24_70mm_f_2_8_DI.html

Same factory that Tamron used to produce the Nikon Superzooms,
according to Asahi Man.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.