On 24/09/2015 4:38 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
P.J. Alling wrote:

We could hope, but, remember back before Hoya, Pentax's first DSLR
didn't have a convenient way to use Legacy (i.e. vanilla K and M mount),
lenses.  They didn't institute the Green Button kludge until after the
shitstorm raised by disgruntled users more or less forced them to create
a software solution to a hardware issue.

God, what a bunch of whiners we have here. It was 20 YEARS after the
introduction of the "A" series lenses that comp ability with K and M
lenses was compromised. Now some people are worrying that screw drive
AF will disappear overnight.

Mark, in 12 years, Pentax hasn't even managed to give it's users a decently fast standard lens, forcing people into using old screw drive lenses if they either need or want something faster than f/2.4, or want something that doesn't feel like a piece of craptastic plastic.

Given Pentax's recent history of making lenses, I can see dropping the screw drive as a legitimate concern.