On 24/09/2015 3:45 PM, P.J. Alling wrote:

However if they do leave out the screwdrive focusing motor at this point
it's likely to be a fatal mistake for the brand.

For myself, dropping the screw drive wouldn't be a really, really big deal as I now only have the three Limited lenses and an FA 35/2 that are screw drive only, and as nice as they Limiteds are, I like their focal lengths a lot better on the crop format than on full frame, but I really can't see dropping screw drive AF as being a smart move for the company. Pentax is not Canon, and they can only afford to piss off so many customers. They can't afford to piss off their entire user base via compatibility abandonment..