"Pretty decent." I'll say, Collin!
Thanks for the look!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Collin B" <coll...@brendemuehl.net>
To: "PDML" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:39:04 AM
Subject: Sigma 170-500

Just picked one up a couple of days ago.  Couldn't shoot yesterday b/c of
the rain.
Shot some hand-held at 500mm just a bit ago.  This is a pretty decent zoom
lens.

Though it is APO, at both 170mm & 500mm there is some fringing.  I expect
that from a zoom.
Still, it resolves a great deal more detail than the 70-300 DG at similar
focal lengths.  I can put up with that.
It's also a bit on the slow side, but at the price of a fast lens in this
length (is there one) I can live with that as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55001392@N08/albums/72157658877621379

OC500 == full-size crop just off-center at 500mm
Lp170 & lp500 == resized of full-frame at the respective focal length

(Ok, I admit it. I'm a bit of a pixel-peeper. But I also got used to LF so
the compromises of miniature cameras still bothers me. Yes I maintain a 4x5
to this day & my shoulder has gotten stronger this past year so I might
again look into a return to 8x10. That is, if I decide to stop
reading/writing as much as I do.)