P.J. Alling wrote:

> Any watermark that can't be removed or cropped off, annoys the viewer
> and ruins the image.  Any digital watermark that's hidden in the image
> can be stripped out.  But, just ask Dave Brooks, if watermarks actually
> discourage theft.

If you display hundreds of high class images, as so many do here, watermark
or not I'm certain many will get stolen and passed off as their own or sold
on. How many does a watermark make such people move to another instead? No
idea.

I no longer see watermarks. I think the multi-channel TV platforms where the
channel is watermarked into the screen has made me lose the annoyance
factor. Although it will for a bit again now!

Malcolm