I did a little review on exactly how the plates split apart and what was nestled where... what was closer to what was extrapolated by comparing the particular composition of the masses - Some of which I rememberd correctly and some not.. but africa and the South American continent were nestled.. I'd have to gobackto some more detailed texts to get it just right - Ordovician? Silurian? Devonian? There is an area near Albany here that is called the Helderberg escarpment that particularly looks like that trail you friends were gingerly
walking along.

Hugois adorable - especially in the "come play fetch with me" with that big stick .. little dogs carrying big sticks , I've found, can sometimes
be damaging to one's shins.

ann