Ann,

So, he wasn't meaning "it".

:)

I am pleased to learn this background information.
I find the subject (continental movements and the like) fascinating.

The place I live (central Anatolia) had been part of The Tethys Ocean
a few (!) years ago.
One can still find seashells (and more, actually) here and there!

Bulent

http://patoloji.gen.tr
http://celasun.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_the_path/