That's an interesting case, thanks for posting, Malcolm!

For those who are not interested in listening to 15 minutes of blubbering,
here is the link to the article in the paper he is talking about:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/general/2015/07/02/why-were-not-photographing-the-foo-fighters/
inlcuding the letter therein.
And here is the followup:
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/general/2015/07/10/we-couldnt-photograph-the-foo-fighters-heres-what-we-did-instead/

Igor

PS. 6 years ago I encountered somewhat similar ownership demands from the organizers of then-annual swing-dance event called "Eastern Balboa Championship". Here is the discussion of that at PDML:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pdml@pdml.net/msg509934.html
Those draconian ownership demands was the reason we decided not to go to that event at all.

Malcolm Smith Tue, 03 Nov 2015 08:17:09 -0800

A (fair) bit of swearing but with a message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwWAW2UW59o