Igor wrote:

> I am not using it, but here is what Snapchat included with the new
> terms of service:
> http://thenextweb.com/apps/2015/10/30/snapchats-new-terms-let-it-store-
> and-reuse-your-photos-but-they-arent-scary/
>
> You grant Snapchat a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable,
> and transferable license to host, store, use, display, reproduce,
> modify, adapt, edit, publish, create derivative works from, publicly
> perform, broadcast, distribute, syndicate, promote, exhibit, and
> publicly display that content in any form and in any and all media or
> distribution methods (now known or later developed).
>

> Given the fact that Snapchat (at least initially) was aimed at
> "private"
> messaging (or was it messaging privates?), that type of TOS is even
> more disturbing (compared, say, to photohosting services).

Unlike the 'Foo Fighters' contract, at least it seems to be limited to just
this planet.

Shocking really, but with that catch all at the start they never have to
come back to you to ask permission to use your stuff in any way, as by
signing up and accepting their terms and conditions, they have it. Just
shows how much you have to examine the fine detail if you are using a
service, or providing a photographic service to a third party to see what
rights they expect to strip off you.

Malcolm