What do you use as an alternative?

On 12/15/2015 12:02 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
I deleted Skype from all machines after Microsoft bought them.

On Dec 15, 2015, at 8:46 AM, P.J. Alling
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have, probably only one person I talk to or chat with on Skype,
but it's installed on my Laptop and Desktop, and used to be
automatically started when I started both machines.  Not anymore.
The last Skype "improvement" of my experience, now causes any
graphics oriented software to almost choke while Skype is running.
Geeze, first it required me to upgrade to a later version of
Internet Explorer, (a program I never use on my desktop), then,
next time I opened DXO Optics Pro the response of any control was
so laggy I at first thought that the program had frozen.  Photoshop
was noticeably slower too, even a lightweight program like
Irfanview was effected. Tried to open the Task manager* and the
tasks and programs didn't have enough video memory to populate the
lists when it finally appeared, some controls didn't initialize.

I know I don't have the most advanced video card, or the most video
memory, but sheesh, the graphical interface on Skype is pretty
underwhelming, what the fuck, (excuse my language, but I'm a bit
frustrated here),  is Skype doing with all those resources.

*Which really told me nothing, when I finally got it to work since
it's mostly silent on video usage.  Had to run a video analyzer.