The three feet and 'universal' at the bottom seem superfluous to me.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: big lens, little birds

Darren Addy wrote:
Nice images, Paul. So sharp! Especially like that first one.

I can sympathize on the weight of hand-holding a beast of a lens like
that. How do you feel about monopods? My sister got me a Vanguard VEO
AM-264TR Monopod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUq4DfLl6c
Note the video shows an optional Vanguard head on the top in some shots.
Haven't gotten out to use it "for realsies" yet, but I think it is
quite an upgrade from my old Slik.

I've got a benro carbon fiber monopod I love. Folded up (without the head) it will fit in the laptop pocket of my camera bag. I've been using it with ball heads.

I think that my next big purchase along those lines though is going to be a gimbal head.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)