I really think that the downward price pressure on the 645D is more attributable to the 645z and Canon's mega monster pixel 5D variants than the promise of a Pentax K-FF. Medium format is a market segment of it's own.

Fact is, that the Canon 5Ds is really a medium format substitute for photographers who've never shot medium format film, and subsequently don't know what medium format is good for, (besides resolution), and Canon shooters...

Sure there are cameras using Sony's 42mp 36x24mm but really the same thing applies. If you know what medium format is good for there is no substitute. If all you need are megapixels...

Finally, really how much could Ricoh sell the 645D for since the 645z sells for about 6K which is less than some FF DSLRs and FF Mirrorless cameras sell for.