First, a minor quibble: 645D is 1st generation, 645Z is 2nd generation; you
have it the other way around.
But I think the main thrust of your discussion is mostly on target.

I looked at the specs for the new Nikon $6500 camera, did a quick comparison
with the 645Z. About the same size, about the same price. The Nikon has a
larger more diverse suite of lenses available, has much more sophisticated AF
system and can shot sports-photographer-class frames per second. I suspect the
645Z produces better images in the studio or in landscape mode.

Assume for the moment that the K-1 FF will be somewhat like the Nikon offering:
rapid accurate AF, high frame rate, good image quality.

I think what we are left with is not the linear progression that your price
progression implies. Rather, I think we have two camera lines. K-3ii -> K-1,
and 645D -> 645Z. Or arguably three distinct lines. The APS-C, FF, and 645 have
such different characteristics that a knowledgable consumer will be making
choices based on the fit of the tool for his job, not just on price.

And if this analysis has any merit, then it wouldn’t surprise me to see the K-1
at a price point about $500 less than the 645D.

stan