On 2016-01-26 19:59 , Doug Brewer wrote:
I can maybe afford,if a client comes through, a used K5, and here's my
question: is it worth getting. I know there have been upgrades to it, but it
seems to have gotten decent reviews whe it came out.

K-5 is a great camera; i have had no problems with either of my two well-used K-5s, tens of thousands of exposures on both

when i lost the first, i just bought another, not a K-5ii or K-3, because the price-point on a used one was so good (about two years ago)

i did pass on a K-5 a few days ago on my local craigslist — supposedly good condition plus an FA 50/1.4 for $350 — i was going out of town so didn't have time to do the transaction; such deals are rare, but you could probably come in around $300 on a body