Paul Sorenson wrote:

>I bought one of the third party grips from Amazon and had no trouble with it.
>Sold it to Mark Roberts when I got a K-3.

Yep. That grip works well. Not *quite* as nicely made as the real
Pentax item – stiffer control wheels and no weather sealing – but it's
fine for me. The only real deficiency is that the DOF preview isn't
activated through the on/off switch like on the genuine Pentax item.
Oh, and the on/off switch works the opposite direction as the real
Pentax grip (and the one on the camera). I thought the grip was
defective till I worked that out!

I use the grip mainly for when I'm shooting with big, heavy lenses.
Just gives my big mitts more to grab onto.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com