p.s. ... I didn't see this link of John's earlier... with all the thumbnails in google. Now I'm thinking the one (and only ) day I was in that spot the weather hid the Empire StateBuilding... I took my photo (darkside camera) in February, 2008... didn't have a lot of photos on that card.. I used to take a bus to brooklyn that doesnt exist anymore, shop on atlantic ave and take a train back (or vice versa) - that way paying only one senior fare if I do it fast enough (transfer free within two hours) The other shots on the card with that
date show wet sidewalks and fog.

Funny thing is, I'd never seen photos from that perspective before... and I found the spot by accident. Also possible I
walked across the Brooklyn Bridge that day...

ann (embarrased by my assertion that the view wasnt possible - although... I still wonder if he could have gotten that much of the buildings in the street and the enlarged building.. maybe selectively enlarged the building in photoshop?

ann