I don't know how much credence to invest in the writings of anyone who
doesn't have the "patients" to proof-read before hitting send.

On 2/3/2016 3:30 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
Found this post informative over at DPReview:

"Many people don't realize that it takes 0.58 sec for the SR to spool
up from the initial half press, if for some reason you take a picture
before the SR has fully spool the act of spooling can cause a blurred
image even at a 1/8000th sec shutter speed. So avoid SR when shooting
action, or at higher shutter speeds or any time you don't have the
patients to wait for the spool up. Also depending on which camera you
have you will want to turn SR off when following a fast moving subject
(panning) In my experience i could pan without issue on anything from
the K-5 and older, however the K-5II/s and K-3 changed things by
turning SR off when it detected camera movement (beyond shake) and
every time the SR was turned off it would spool up again which of
course ruins photos if you're bursting away. Apparently the K-3II
detects the pan and compensates by stopping the SR horizontally but
keeping the SR vertically.

So anytime there is no action and you're not blasting off shots in
split seconds then SR will be fine, just remember to be patient to let
it spool up before firing. Also yes of course SR is supposed to be
turned off when on a tripod."

-- source: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57182975