I don't know about cibachromes but I had some 20 x 30 light jets done at
www.bokland.com and the results were quite good. Though I've never used
them, West Coast Imaging seems to be very well regarded
http://www.westcoastimaging.com/

The local lab I use is just now installing a large light jet print so I'll
probably work them in the future - it's the sort of thing that face to face
contact really helps with.

- MCC

At 03:30 AM 5/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've got several slides I want to blow up into large (20x30 perhaps)
>prints for an upcoming exhibition. The lab (th only one) here in town has
>disappointed me on the results of a series I did for a set of posters a
>Nursing college here in town has lined their entrance hallway with. The
>dean was happy with them, but I knew  they were poor enlargements compared
>to  the original slides I provided.
>
>Now, can anyone suggest a lab? preferably nearby, say Houston, New
>Orleans  or perhaps Dallas, Baton Rouge or Shreveport?
>
>Would I want to have "cibachromes" made, or do they not do that very much
>anymore? I know that my hometown lab will either make a digital file from
>the slide and enlarge that (poor results) or make an internegative and
>enlarge that (even worse results)
>
>So, what would be the better option, considering that I have found a good
>lab that can do either method, or a cibachrome as well?  (I would like to
>spend not more than say $75 per photo.)
>
>If you are a pdmler and have a lab or work at one, i would be happy to
>work with a fellow pentaxian.
>
>I have also considered making an internegative myself. I have some of the
>Kodak comercial  internegative film left  from a project a couple of years
>ago, but I no longer have the old dichroic enlarger for an adjustable
>light source...
>
>I do have some portra 160 fim I could  use to copy the slides with-- would
>that be perhaps my most cost effective solution, and still get great
>results on the large print?
>
>Whoo boy, I've asked to many questions. I stop now, or no one will offer
>advice without charging by the hour for this extensive a list of "how bout
>this" stuff.
>
>anyway, thanks to all who take a crack at this post.
>Sid
>-
>This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List.  To unsubscribe,
>go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to
>visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI