On 2016-02-26 19:33 , Bruce Walker wrote:
> I tried to make minor adjustments to it and the results were all over
the map with tiny changes in the controls. And the UI was clearly
designed by somebody with no understanding of either UI design or Mac
s/w development.

i agree the Vuescan UI is weird, but i seriously have not had that hard a time doing adjustments, setting up presets, doing batch scans; i have been using it for a long time, but not a lot in the last couple years (i use a ScanSnap for most document scanning); i strongly hesitate when a device requires drivers, especially low-level ones, because my experience has been that Epson, Canon, etc. just really cannot produce quality Mac software; but that's an old bias that may be obsolete