On one hand, indeed these pigment inks tend to be more resistant to clogging than the "regular" ink. Very recently, I saw mentioning that it is because of the nozzle size difference, but I've never verified that fact. On another hand, in my 2880, if I haven't used it for 1-3 months, I have to go through the built-in cleaning procedure (I believe Paul had described it earlier), sometimes 2-3 times. And another data point: my brother prints even less frequently than I do, and his R3000's head got clogged up to the extent that it would have to be replaced. (I suspect at that point he may not have used it for some 6-9 months.) I suspect that the humidity plays a big role in this. For me, in summer, when we have to run AC all the time we are at home, clogging seems to happen faster than in late fall/early spring, when neither AC, nor heater is used.

So, Ann, I'd join the earlier recommendation to run the head test first (from a computer with the driver installed), and you may need to go through several rounds of automatic cleaning from within that tool. While typically 1-2, at worst 3 cycles of cleaning clear all the problems for me, once, I went through 5 or more cycles until the entire test pattern showed clearly.

I hope you won't have problems.
Good luck!

Igor