John and Steve, I totally hear and understand your comments about maybe I
haven’t solved my problem yet. I knew when I even thought about claiming a
solution that I was clearly tempting fate.

So, we’ll wait a few days. I am not yet convinced either that my diagnosis was
accurate, I have two other possibilities I am mulling over and your comments
Steve reminded me of a couple of others. But for the time being all is good and
I have a significantly faster wifi available now than before. So even if it is
not my solution, the new basestation is very welcome.

stan